Retirement Livery Yards in Surrey
1) WEEKEND GROOM / HOLIDAY COVER
2) APPRENTICE GROOM
We are currently seeking an Apprentice Groom to compliment our team .
The yard has a maximum of 18 horses and ponies that are cared for full time by us. The ideal person will be confident around horses and sensitive to their individual needs. Duties include all aspects of stable management and also caring for horses and ponies living out.
Own transport is required to travel to our yard.
Applicants must be capable of carrying out tasks to a very high standard, must be 100% responsible, mature and reliable.
This is a quiet and relaxed environment, and an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.
Typical routine duties will include:
- Mucking out
- Checking horses that live out
- Preparing hay and haylage nets
- Changing rugs
- Grooming (occasional clipping)
- Turning out and bringing in
- Dealing with injuries and providing first aid
- Administering medication
- Keeping the yard clean and tidy
- Poo picking the fields in summer
- Organising farrier and vet visits
- Undertaking faecal egg counts
- Dealing with customers
- Filling troughs and putting hay out in the fields
Hours of work are 7:30am to 4:00pm during winter and 9:00 to 5:30pm during summer months. During Spring and Autumn we start at 8:00am.
We are seeking people who will truly enjoy providing a caring service to our horses and ponies. Some riding is available but it is not a requirement of the job.
For the Apprentice role, full training will be given in accordance with NVQ and BHS curriculum to achieve the necessary qualifications. We are happy to work with any of the local equine colleges such as Merrist Wood, Brinsbury etc.
Contact Colleen on 07771 694 168 or